Tuesday 13 June 2017

My Week's Revelation

Have you ever been in a situation where you're looking forward to something, but then fear enters your head, and you can't seem to push it out of your mind?  Can't seem to get past that road block?   I have. 
For the past few months I've been somewhat living in fear.  Kind of like a caged bird.  And I could never put my finger on why this was happening to me.  Not until recently anyways.  Just the other day I was listening to a random playlist of music, and the new song "Not Today" by Hillsong United started to play.  It talks about telling Satan "no," and how we have the power of Jesus.  Which really inspired and encouraged me.

VERSE 1
Trouble won’t throw me
Won’t break me
Won’t scare me
No more
Fear must have thought I was faithless
When it came for my heart
PRE-CHORUS 1
‘Cause I got a song that will never die
I know Your love is the reason why
CHORUS 1
I’ll sing the night into the morning
I’ll sing the fear into Your praise
I’ll sing my soul into Your presence
Whenever I say Your Name
Let the devil know not today
VERSE 2
Tell me did the enemy panic
As You took up that cross
Tell me did the darkness cry mercy
As You rolled back that rock
PRE-CHORUS 2
‘Cause I know Your life is the life in mine
I know Your love is the reason why
CHORUS 2
I’ll sing the night into the morning
I’ll sing the fear into Your praise
I’ll sing my soul into Your presence
Whenever I say Your Name
Let the devil know not today
Whenever I say Your Name Jesus
Let the devil know not today
Not now not ever again
BRIDGE
Your love stood down death
Crushed the devil’s head
Fear is just a liar
Running out of breath
The fight beneath Your feet
I’m standing on Jesus’ Name
So let the devil know not today
Let the devil know not today No no
Not now not ever again Jesus
Let the devil know not today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm0_JkT0wSs
 As I was listening to this, it hit me.   I realized I'd been letting the devil steal my joy by using my circumstances to intimidate and push me farther into a corner I didn't want to be in.
During a certain situation I found myself in, I couldn't push the fear and doubt out of my head, but then I started saying this over and over in my mind, and declaring it over my life,"Not today Satan!!! Today, victory is mine.  The battle was already won, you are defeated, and you have no power over me."   

"And you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."  John 8:32

This is so true!  I declared the truth, and a peace swept over me that wasn't human.  It's a promise! God's promises never ever fail.

 Tell the devil to take the backseat, and speak victory over your life.  Because it is yours.  Jesus bought your freedom and victory at the cross.  It's time to claim what was given to us by our Heavenly Father.  It's time to spread our wings, and fly.

1 comment: